Re: Question about hal stub debugging support. Thanks a lot.

QiangHuang wrote:
> Thank you very . My target comes with a JTAG(like Multi-ICE) port so
> for debugging do I need to implement all the stub support? (as in
> arm_stub.c for breakpoint, single_step etc.?

If you don't intend to use the GDB stub in RedBoot (or included in an eCos
app) then no.

> as I think the Multi-ICE
> could stop the program(eg. breakpoint) and could perform single
> stepping? So what should be implemented for using something like
> Multi-ICE with eCOS program?) Thanks a lot.

Um, basically nothing as such. If you don't mind not having thread
debugging support anyway. Of course it's up to your ICE software as to
whether it can understand GCC binaries and debug information in order to
display files.

As for the ARM multi-ICE in particular, see:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/multi-ice.html

Jifl