Re: dynamic allocation of memory during driver initializat ion?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 01:31:41PM -0700, Jay Foster wrote:

> One possiblity might be to do this from the device lookup()
> function that is called from cyg_io_lookup().

That's what we're doing now.  It works as long as the lookup()
is performed before interrupts are enabled and the device
operation starts.  If interrupts are enabled before the first
lookup() call, then the DSRs break because there are no buffers
allocated.  I could add code to the DSRs to check to see if the
buffers have been allocated, and discard the data if they
haven't, but I was hoping to avoid make the DSRs any longer.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com