Re: eCos ROM application crashes without Redboot

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 05:51, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> I'm trying to build an eCos ROM application without
> using Redboot.  The crash appears to be related to
> interrupts somehow:
>
> - ecosconfig new eb40a default
> - here I add flash and serial ports to the
> configuration.
> - ecosconfig tree
> - make
>
> My application opens /dev/ser0 and begins sending data.
> After having sent ~2 bytes, it crashes. My theory is
> that an interrupt happens and that interrupts are not set
> up correctly.
>

> However, if I:
>
> - Create and write a Redboot image to flash
> - Reset the CPU using my JTAG debugger
> - Jump directly to my appliaction starting at 0x1020000.
>
> The application runs fine.
>
> Presumably a ROM appliaction uses Redboot somehow.

Did you actually build a ROM application (set CYG_HAL_STARTUP = ROM)?

What do you see from this?
  % grep ROM install/include/pkgconf/*
n.b. these indicate the settings of the various CDL options that have
anything to do with ROM-based execution.

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates