Re: PS/2 Keyboard as I/O device

At 06:12 AM 8/11/2003 -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
We've done this before for some other platforms.  Most of them actually
have a pseudo-tty device in the HAL (i.e. something which behaves much
like a serial port, providing input via the keyboard and output via a
screen).  Many also export the device using the eCos I/O layer.

I'll follow up this line of investigation. The point was that many things emit keyboard scan codes and mouse motions etc that are useful on an embedded system even when they aren't considered to be part of a terminal. In particular I'm looking at robotic applications and dragging a mouse behind the robot for odometry seems to be an inexpensive way to augment some navigation guessing by the robot.

--Chuck