Re: at91 serial driver status

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 10:37:58AM +0200, Koeller, T. wrote:
> >From time to time there have been complaints on this list
> about the performance of the AT91 serial driver at higher
> speeds. There have been several proposals for improvements:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-04/msg00043.html
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-01/msg00205.html
>
> However, it seems that nothing of this stuff made it into the
> repository. Could someone please give an update on the state of
> affairs regarding this? It would really be great if we all could
> benefit from the work already done.

I took a quick look at these. Neither are simple drop in patches. The
first has only been tested on a custom device and is a complete new
driver.

The second one plays around the with main hal_IRQ_handler which is
definitely not allowed.

I don't have this hardware either.

To make some forward progress on this i suggest you, Oyvind or someone
else with hardware, plays with the submissions and produce a clean,
well tested patch which i can just commit. Also if you do use any of
the code in these two submissions we will need copyright assignment
from the original authors as well.

     Andrew