Re: eCos and IPSec

> I think the FreeBSD snapshot in eCos was taken from
> FreeBSD 4.4 (2002-Jan-07).  Hopefully that version
> already has IPSec in it and I can just integrate that.
>  However, I think I'll also need to create a raccoon
> package (raccoon is the ISAKMP part of IPSec).
>
> In addition, I had <<thought>> I saw that the KAME's
> IPsec stack (FreeBSD uses the KAME stack) uses OpenSSL
> for the encryption engine.  If that is true, there
> shouldn't be any reason for not integrating IPSec into
> eCos, right??

you can try adding racoon, openssl, libipsec as packages under packages/net
folder (where httpd, ftpclient, ns etc. are there already) and crypto and netkey
could be added as components in bsd_tcpip cdl and placed under bsd_tcpip tree.
have a look at ftpclient.cdl and modify it accordingly to generate cdls for
racoon, openssl etc... and dont' forget to update ecos.db for new packages that
you have added. next step is to use GUI configuration tool to check out for
conflicts etc., checkout if the build tree is getting generated correctly. it is
comfortably doable in less than a day, even for a newbie.

succesful compilation (and related issues) and getting it working can take from
couple of days to more depending upon your setup and your bandwidth.

---