Re: Slow MPC board?

Frank,

While the UPM is the same on all MPC8xx's, the CMA did
not use the UPM.  Instead there was an external SDRAM
controller located on the CMA motherboard.  This offered
much higher bandwidth than the UPM and supported page
mode, open banks, etc., that I don't think the UPM did.  So,
there really is a significant difference in the memory performance
between the two boards.

Michael

At 11:00 AM 8/26/2003, Frank Robbins wrote:

> [...]

Michael J. Kelly
VP Engineering/Marketing
Cogent Computer Systems, Inc.
1130 Ten Rod Road