Re: eCos or microITRON

Satish Kumar wrote:

Hi,
     i m interested in knowing the performance of eCos with respect
to microITRON rtos..can anybody give me some tips or suggestions
regarding their performance, code size..etc..

Are you referring to the microITRON native OS and the eCos native OS, or are you referring to the microITRON API layer provided with eCos?

I understand from our customers using the eCos uITRON layer that performance of the eCos uITRON is roughly the same as the native uITRON with minor differences in certain areas. eCos uTIRON is slightly slower and larger, as could be expected running a compatability layer on top of eCos, but the timing differences were negligible to our customers anyway.

I would therefore expect eCos native applications to be smaller and faster then uITRON native applications (given the removal of the uITRON API layer) but have not done any direct comparisons and am not aware of any other comparisons between uITRON and eCos.

eCos is freely available for download, including tools, so please try eCos and compare against uITRON for yourself. Also feel free to publish the results here :-)

Cheers
-- Alex

thanks satish

--
Managing Director / CEO                           eCosCentric Limited
http://www.ecoscentric.com/              The eCos and RedBoot experts