Re: ROMRAM start on ARM platform

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 08:45:51PM +0200, Koeller, T. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found that most of the *romram.ldi files for the various arm
> platforms are broken, because they all have an LMA_EQ_VMA argument
> in their section definitions for code and read-only data sections,
> and so the contents of these sections are not copied to RAM. I can't
> fix this because the maintainers rigidly insist in using the Windows
> MLT tool to modify those files (I just recently inquired about this on
> ecos-devel again), which I do not have access to.
>
> And then, there is yet another problem: By looking at arm.ld I
> found that even if this were fixed, only the contents of the .data
> section is copied to RAM, the contents of .rodata and .rodata1
> are not. This is certainly an error, too, or am I getting something
> wrong here?

Speaking for the EBSA285 ROMRAM which i wrote, LMA_EQ_VMA is totally
ignored. Also, it copies from CYGMEM_REGION_rom+reset_vector, to
CYGMEM_REGION_rom_SIZE, where rom size is the size of one flash block.

[Hang on a minute. cvs annotate. Huh!]

Strange, thats not what i wrote! Someone has changed it...  What i
wrote used a symbol the linker inserted at the end of the data
sections. I copied everything up to that symbol. The current
implementation is enough for a ROMRAM redboot, but will break for a
large ROMRAM app!

OK. Give me an example platform you think is broken.

    Andrew