Re: Can't build gcc 3.2 using gcc 3.2 on Cygwin?

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:05:28AM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

>>>I've gotten to dread working under Cygwin.  Something that
>>>takes an afternoon in Linux takes a week in Cygwin...
>
> Or goto Management and say, "It took me a week to do what i could of
> done in an afternoon on Linux. Just think about how much money you
> would save in man hours if you let me do this on a Linux box...."

It's already done for Linux.

We sell an arm-based "box" for which there is a developer's kit
for customers who want to develop their own apps (or modify the
app that comes with the box).  Along with application and eCos
sources and binaraies, the developers kit contains toolchains
for Linux and Cygwin.  I'm updating the developer's kit, and
the Cygwin part is always way more hassle than the Linux part.

--
Grant