Re: Configtools with cygwin: Library generating problem

e.coullien@faiveley.com wrote:

> I am working with Cygwin on a Windows98 PC. I have installed gcc and i am
> using "ecos configuration tools V2.11" for Windows.
> The ecos.ecc file that i used is working properly with the configtool on
> Linux. The purpose is just to regenerate the library on a Windows PC.
>
> When i build the library, i reveive the following error message :

> headers finished
> make -r -C hal/arm/arch/current arm.inc
> arm-elf-gcc -mcpu=arm7tdmi -mno-short-load-words -Wall -Wpointer-arith
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -Woverloaded-virtual -g -O2
> -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions
> -finit-priority -I/ecos-c/cygwin/home/eo/Testcygwin/ecos_install/include
> -I/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/hal/arm/arch/current
> -I/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src
> -I/ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/hal/arm/arch/current/tests -I.
> -Wp,-MD,arm.tmp -o hal_mk_defs.tmp -S
> /ecos-c/cygwin/opt/ecos/packages/hal/arm/arch/current/src/hal_mk_defs.c
>
> make[1]: *** [arm.inc] Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> What does it means ? Is it possible to have more informations on the
> problem to resolve it ?

This is a probably an issue related to the use of POSIX-style line endings.
Try the eCos Configuration Tool which shipped with eCos 2.0 - it should set
up the Cygwin mount table correctly to use a text-mode mount point with
recent Cygwin. You will need to delete the old mount point using
"umount /ecos-c" before you switch.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited