Re: YES! redboot and eb40a success story :)

* ïyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> [Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:01:23PM +0200]:
> > I used your below mentioned patch and redboot lifes now in both halfes
> > of flash (STD/USER Jumper, angel is dead now) an is in best health!!!
> > -> Works like a charm.
>
> The STD/USER jumper is just an inversion of an address bit.

Yes, I understood today,,, looking for the xt time and the circuit. So,
as a proof of concept I flashed both halfes of it and watched redboot
coming up regardeless of the jumper position :)

> However, note that the EB40a flash isn't heterogenous. It has 0x2000
> and 0x10000 size sectors.

hm, good to know...

> I assume you are not deploying the EB40a board, so you probably want to leave
> the jumper in the position(SDT?) where 0x1000000-0x1010000 has 0x2000 long
> sectors.

I am only training bdi2000 and arm-elf-gdb on that thing... If I am firm
with them I will make _my_ arm7 board (ARM9 is at factory :)) doing what
I wan't to. I hope then
I can distinguish between software and hardware erros. So ATM I hee an
relieable circuit and hardware to trainee on it...

> arm-elf-gdb when connecting to the target with BDI JTAG debugger does not have
> a start address. It simply halts the CPU. After a reset, the BDI JTAG debugger
> messes around with the remap registers(I haven't needed to look to carefully at
> what it is doing).

Yes, I realized too today, I will have to learn and get to know its
behaviour...

> The concept of a "start address" doesn't really apply in the same way as it
> exists for PC applications(Linux/Windows). The situation is much more analogous
> to using the gdb "attach" command for a PC application.

Hm, I don't know exactly ATM how this on PC is done, I only wonder ATM,
why exactly a powered eb40a begins to execute FLASH at 0x1000000 when
powered up, but I have to study the data sheets tomorrow to clear this
out :)

Konsti

--
2.6.0-test5-mm1