RedBoot DHCP broken?

When I build RedBoot with the latest sources, DHCP is not working.
I get the following output from RedBoot:

... waiting for BOOTP information
Invalid DHCP state: 1
Can't get BOOTP info, using default IP address

All other network operations are working okay.

When I use Ethereal to check the packets sent at boot time, no packets
are seen from RedBoot at all.

After a quick bit of debugging it seems that in the file
redboot\current\src\net\bootp.c in the function
__bootp_find_local_ip()

the function call:
__udp_send((char *)&b, txSize, &r, IPPORT_BOOTPS, IPPORT_BOOTPC);
at line 250 is called and returns a value 0, but no packets make it out onto the
wire.  Thus when the subsequent code is waiting for a response, it does not
get one.

Has anybody else built RedBoot with the latest code and seen/not seen
this problem?

--
Chris