Re: General questions on ecos

>> Is redboot just a bootloader or is redboot a complete OS based on ecos ?

Just a bootloader with a gdb stub build in. Depending on your hardware you can
load an application over the serial port or over a network. You may also use the
gdb stub over the serial port or over a network.

>> When i send my program using gdb do I send the ecos with it or just my
program ?

Both. ecos IS part of your program. You cannot send it seperatly.

>> In the case i just send my program on wich operating system is my machine
running ? redboot ?

None. The only thing there is left on your computer when you have loaded your
application is the gdb debugger stub, which will assist you in ... debugging :)

>> How do I install ecos on the machine (with or without redboot) , I mean is
there a way to have my ecos laptop running on it's own (with a erminal, etc...)

With ecos you create a SINGLE program. This program runs ALONE on a computer. It
cannot coexist with other programs on the same computer like unix does. However
in your programs you can create more than one thread.

Please keep in mind that ecos is meant to create applications for embedded
computers, like network routers, mp3 players, personal assistants, robots. It is
not intended to create a linux or a windows application.

Eric.