Re: Problems with test

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:31:40PM +0100, James Yates wrote:

> Oops my apologies. Yes the version of gcc I am using was one that I
> downloaded with the latest version of eCos using the
> ecos-install.tcl script.

> After much playing around with configurations I have discovered that
> if I build with -O2 specified as a Build Flag, i get a segmentation
> fault when building mqueue1 test. If I specifiy -O1 or no
> optimization this problem goes away. So for the moment I have
> optimization at level 1.

Its probably a good idea to report a bug. For one of the files that
causes a crash, do the compile again, but add -save-temps. You will
then get some extra files generated. Goto
http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/query.cgi and create a new bug report
and attach the temp files.

> 	This has enabled to build most tests, although some of the
> clock tests in Libc time have failed due to cache problems. I have
> no cache defined since the SH2 I am using has no on-chip cache, this
> has caused me problems in various areas of the tree. I have had to
> resort to defining the various cache related functions to asm("nop")
> in my variant src to save having to make changes throughout the
> entire source.  Is this a valid thing to do?

I've not looked at the SH2 code before today.....

It looks like a better solution would be to add a new
CYGARC_SH_MOD_CAC. You can then make the HAL macros empty statements
and set the HAL_?CACHE_SIZE to 0. This will tell eCos you don't have a
cache. We can then add this to anoncvs.

       Andrew