From: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
Sent: 17 October 2003 11:05
To: James Yates
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] SH2 Build Problems

> The fgrep command is specified in the architecture cdl script:
>
> make -priority 1 {
>         <PREFIX>/include/cyg/hal/sh2_offsets.inc : <PACKAGE>/src/var_mk_defs.c
>         $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDE_PATH) -Wp,-MD,sh2_offsets.tmp -o var_mk_defs.tmp -S $<
>         fgrep .equ var_mk_defs.tmp | sed s/#// > $@
>         @echo $@ ": \\" > $(notdir $@).deps
>         @tail +2 sh2_offsets.tmp >> $(notdir $@).deps
>         @echo >> $(notdir $@).deps
>         @rm sh2_offsets.tmp var_mk_defs.tmp
>     }
>

> The scripts in both the working and non-working trees are
> identical. Can anyone tell me where this fgrep command is called
> from in the build process or why in one build this doesn't happen
> the second time.

The "-priority 1" controls when this section of make script is
executed. See:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/docs-latest/cdl-guide/build.make.html#BUILD.CUSTOM

One guess as to why it does not do it is because the dependencies are
wrong somehow. It thinks the target is up to date so there is no need
to rebuilt it. Deleting the file should force it to rebuild it.

   Andrew