accesing redboot via rs232

hello there,

i've compiled with (I believe) total success redboot for i386. I did that following the instructions of the ecos-user-guide. According to what this guide said, redboot, as default, includes serial (rs232) support and ethernet support (intel pro 10/100), for remote access.

here is the problem. I tried to access this redboot booted pc thru any of the posibilities (serial, eth) but had no success at it. What's wrong?? I just followed the instrucionts of the guide.

Do I need to set anything at compile time?. If so, what is the common setting to be included at compile time for remote access to be allowed. do I need to change anything at the Floppy.ecm file, for rs232 or eth support?? If so, how do I do it?

for example, whenever i try to set an ip address, the system blocks and lots of ascii chars appear on the screen .... so, no ip address could be set.

for serial access, I used hyperterminal (windows) for accesing via rs232 this pc, and configured it at 38400,8,N,1 but could not do it. no response ....

conluding, the system boots up, the image is loaded into memory, but I can not access this pc remotely. I hope you can help me out with this.

thank you

regards

lucas