Re: TCP close(...) action

Matt Jerdonek <maj1224@yahoo.com> writes:

> > If you re-write your test program to use POSIX
> > threads, it should then be possible to run it on
> > linux, SunOS, *BSD etc. We can then decide if this
> > is right or wrong.
> >
> >      Andrew
> >
> > --
>

> I ran the program on linux and got the same result
> (the close did not wake the recv).  So, I guess that
> eCos is behaving correctly.

Given that the eCos file handling model is almost identical to that of
Linux, BSD and any other Unix variant, I would expect that they would
all behave in much the same way.

> As I mentioned before, I have a workaround using
> cyg_thread_release(..).  Does anyone know of a POSIX
> method for waking the recv other than ending and
> restarting the thread?

You might be able to do something fancy using select() in place of the
recv(). Signalling a select()ing thread should work -- although that
is essentially just the same as the cyg_thread_release() you are
already doing.