EDOSK2674 GDB stub problem 2

Hello,

just a short question about my problem with the GDB stub.

In the ecos reference manual is written for HAL Startup

"Initialize various CPU status registers. Most importantly, the CPU
interrupt mask should be set to disable
interrupts."

But there is no point in HAL startup where interrupts will be enabled. Does
this mean, that i.e. Redboot
ist started with all interrupts disabled by CPU interrupt mask? But how is
then gdb break support possible for
Redboot if this interrupt is disabled? Or does a RAM application have to
enable interrupts at startup in order
to use CTRL C support.

And then another point. At startup hal_ctrlc_isr_init have to be called in
order to use GDB break support.
But when I look into this function then I can read:

// A ROM monitor never enables the interrupt itself. This is left
// to the (RAM) application.

Does this mean, if I have a very simple RAM application without any eCos
stuff inside, i.e. only a very simple
main routine, I can not use CTRL C support because I have to call
hal_ctrlc_isr_init from my RAM application?

So what is the right way for CTRL C debugging and when / where should
interrupts be enabled or the
CPU interrupt mask be unmasked and who provides the CTRL C isr - the ROM
monitor or the RAM application

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Uwe