Re: eCos gprof for MPC8xx

Gary Thomas said:

> Tord Andersson said:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do anyone know if there is an associated test case for the gprof
>> package? Are there any experiences using this with an MPC8xx platform?
>>

> I didn't write a test program [yet?] - I'm not sure how one would test
> this functionality, not to mention making something that fit the eCos
> "test" model.

Actually, today I've added the setup code for running the profiling into
the network common test "ping_test".  This can be used as an example of
how it is used.  Also, check the patch list for how to enable the support
in your platform - if you're not using a supported platform you need to
add some functions which handle the profile activity.