Re: Redboot DHCP

oops, forgot to include ecos group

John Newlin wrote:

These 2 options:
CYGPKG_REDBOOT_NETWORKING_DNS
and
CYGPKG_NS_DNS?

or are there more? So many to choose from.

Also in the DHCP code there is a loop that goes over the returned options and picks off the subnet, gateway, but does not pick up the DNS server:

#ifdef CYGSEM_REDBOOT_NETWORKING_USE_GATEWAY
                           case TAG_SUBNET_MASK:  // subnet mask
                               memcpy(__local_ip_mask,p,4);
                               break;
                           case TAG_GATEWAY:  // router
                               memcpy(__local_ip_gate,p,4);
                               break;
#endif

I was going to add a: case TAG_DNS: // copy in the DNS server address break;

Thanks!

-john