RE: context for creating interrupts on edb7312

> Look at the timer test I just committed:
>   hal/powerpc/mpc8xxx/current/tests/mpc8xxx_timer.c
> It creates, attaches, etc, an interrupt during cyg_user_start()
> and then tests that it works.  It does work fine, BTW.
>
> How is this example different from what you are trying to do?

The only real difference is the main_thread.

What mechanisms start the scheduler in the default eCos package? I cant seem
to get interrupts to work without a explicit call to start the scheduler,
but I know when I include the main thread(by calling cyg_thread_create and
cyg_thread_resume) the scheduler starts.

So in an effort to better understand eCos(not to try to run a rtos without a
scheduler) what could indirectly start the scheduler(other than your call to
cyg_scheduler_start)?  It seems to start on its own with thread
initialization on my system.

Thanks,
Aaron Case