Re: SH3 Redboot startup

Chris Blood <cblood@ad-holdings.co.uk> writes:

> Thanks for the response. I have traced the problem to
> packages\redboot\v2_0\src\io.c, function mon_read_char_with_timeout().
> Using option CYGPKG_REDBOOT_ANY_CONSOLE, the function loops checking
> every console for return data but compares the return character with
> NULL. This implies the SH SCIF drivers are returning TRUE even if there
> is no data in the FIFO. I'll investigate further.

Check that you are applying the right serial driver to the right
device, the SCI and SCIF devices are similar but not identical. The
wrong driver might half-work in the sort of way you are seeing.

Another possibility is that the microsecond timer is not working
properly and the call in cyg_hal_plf_sci[f]_getc_timeout() is never
returning.

> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>
> content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">

[Just an aside: I'm not sure wether you have changed in your mailer
setup, but this message came through in HTML only, your previous
message was in plain text. We like to keep the ecos lists plain text
if possible, and I know that some spam filters will reject any
HTML-only mail. You're using Mozilla so it should be easy to make it
do text only.]