Re: jffs2 missing files

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 09:21:54AM -0800, Brian Pomerantz wrote:

> Today I'll see if I can figure out why the size is being reported
> wrong.  I would certainly appreciate some ideas on why when I hard
> code the partition size to the size that it should be, I get this
> illegal memory access.

Okay, I guess I'm just finding this whole configuration system a bit
confusing.  Turns out I didn't have /dev/flash1 get configured via
FIS.  When I changed CYGNUM_IO_FLASH_BLOCK_CFG_STATIC_1 from 1 to 0
and CYGNUM_IO_FLASH_BLOCK_CFG_FIS_1 from 0 to 1, then mounting my
partition works just fine and the whole thing is seen.

So, I guess most of my problems were configuration related.  Only the
header file issue in compr.c remains though it sounds like it must be
under control.

I just started looking at redboot this week and am not sure I
understand the configuration model.  Is it generally accepted that the
the default .cdl files get changed and subsequently merged when
updating from cvs/tarballs?  Or is there some other less intrusive way
of changing options via a config file or something else that overrides
the defaults?

BAPper