RE: Not responding to TCP SYN

Hi

Thanks! This seems to be the problem. I'm not exactly a TCP shark :)

Is there any way I can avoid having these sockets hanging in the FIN_WAIT
state? As far as I can see, it requires that clients close their end of
the socket gracefully. There is no way that I can guarantee that they will
(I don't write the clients).  Otherwise, this seems to me like an
opportunity to perform DoS attacks.

Increasing the number of sockets doesn't seem like an option. I don't need
many concurrent connections. I just need to be able to handle a large
amount of connections within a short time.

I'm sorry if this is not eCos-specific.

Lars