__pci_window

I'm trying to use a 386 board with a very limited amount of RAM. I was playing around with the memory map, and I found out that the label called __pci_window takes about 400k in the GRUB target. Can someone tell me what is that for? It really needs to reserve that much amount of memory? I'm thinking on using 2MB RAM on board, and those 400k are just too much. Also I noticed that GRUB will load the code above 1MB, which worries me too. Is there a way to use those 640k that are below? If I modify the memory map to spread the program below, GRUB will complain saying that loading below 1MB is not supported.
Thank you in advance,

Leandro Fanzone.