Deferring network initialisation

Greetings again.

Andrew, my application wishes to prevent any ethernet frame from being
transmitted until a certain event
occurs.

My observation (which seems to be flawed) was that irrespective of a call to
init_all_network_interfaces (), a gratuitous ARP request was being made by
the stack. I assumed that this was being done by a static constructor at init
time.

Is it correct to assume then, that ethernet frames would be transmitted out
only after a call to init_all_network_interfaces () and that nothing else
would cause any ethernet transmission ?

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Robin