Re: Questions on ecosconfig

kevin_lemay@agilent.com said:
> I had problems moving my .ecc files from 2.0 to the current CVS versions. This may have been
> something that I did but, I am looking for a consistent, reproducible way to generate the .ecc
> files that I need with the proper options.
>
> I was looking at ecosconfig, but I do not see how to set an option within a package (i.e. default
> boot script value).
>
> I did look at the export file, but there appears to be much more than what I changed from the
> template in this file.
>
> How do people handle this now?

The export format is actually quite flexible in that it provides overrides only.
If something's missing, then the "default" will be used.

The way to make use of this is to have .ecm script(s) that handle the things
you want to change.  For example, if I want to configure for ROMRAM mode, I
do something like this:
  % ecosconfig new viper redboot
  % ecosconfig import startup_ROMRAM
  % ecosconfig tree
(the template isn't important, I just picked one).  The file "startup_ROMRAM"
(attached) has just the information to change that one setting.