Re: Adding library to libtarget.a

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:30:19AM +0100, Heiko Panther wrote:
> I have a libmylib.a which is needed by my serial I/O code. Usually, I
> link it when I link my app. Now when I want to build redboot, I don't
> know how to link it. It would be fine for me to always link libmylib.a
> into libtarget.a, as a part of the HAL package probably. How can I do that?

What you are talking about is adding a new package to eCos. The eCos
build system will then build the package when it builds the rest of
eCos and make you new package part of libtarget.a. Take a look at the
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/cdl-guide.html and
look at some of the other packages in eCos. The cdl file in each
package is the key to all this.

     Andrew