Re: To: Ricardo Andrino about eb40A

>> I think I need to start with configuration tool. But I don't understand what
>> is it's function. Where it changes will influence?

ecos is a library which you link with your program. The library contains both a C
library and the ecos kernel.
First you will have to create the ecos library, which works with your processor and
hardware, and has your
preferences (timing, kind of flash, used serial ports etc.) You can do this by

1) unpack the (latest) ecos sources
2) get the (latest) configtool and start it
3) tell configtool which hardware you have and what kind of kernel you want
4) let configtool compile it

This will give you an _install directory, which contains the ecos library and all the
header files you will need. Forget all other directories from now on (unless you want
changes in your ecos library)

>>What's RedBoot? Is it like Angel?

Redboot is an ecos application. As an option in configtool it is build and linked
against the ecos library automatically. Redboot can be used in more than one way: 1)
connect a terminal to the serial port and you will see the redboot prompt. 2) connect
the gdb/insight debugger to the serial port and you can access the debug stub. Both
ways enables you to load and start an other program in ram.

So yes, redboot replaces angel.

Eric de Jong