From: Ali Rodgo
To: Marcelo
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] To: Ricardo Andrino about eb40A

Hello,
I am working too with this board but not with JTAG. The ADS und Multi are
development enviorment but ecos is another thing.It is a real time operating
system and allow you to develop your applications with real time
requirements, threads, timers, mutex etc,etc.Once you have ecos correct
installed you should go to the configuration tool. Ah!! The ecos2.0 version
doesn't support the EB40A, only EB40 and the memory layout, the peripheries
etc are different, so you have to install the last snaptshot
http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/snapshots.shtml
which contains the HAL layer for the EB40A.

Follow the documentation to configure ecos, templates, packages, start-up
etc,etc and important Redboot.Redboot is a boot program will allow you to
run the ecos applications and download an image on the Flash and
debugging.Redboot must be installed in other flash area than Angel.Angel
will not be deleted.You have to change a jumper to do that( all of that can
you read in a lot of documents of redboot). Redboot was made over ecos and
that is why all is easy when you install it.You don't need angel anymore.I
had a lot of problems at the beginning without redboot but once i have
installed it i had no more problems (but a new problems come again!!!).

I suggest you to take a lot to the documentation for the EB40,EB40A boards
and ecos general
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/

If you have more questions keep in touch with my.

Mucha suerte!!!

"Marcelo" <kenji@navcon.com.br> schrieb am 12.02.04 12:51:20:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> I'm using this eval board too. But I'm newbie on eCos.
> My objective is to download an image to FLASH via JTAG with a wiggler.
> By now, I don't know how start.
> I have this things: cygwin on win98, eCos2.0 (/opt/ecos) and
> gnutools-arm-elf-1.4-2
> To cygwin I used the Setup.exe file to install it from a mirror.
> To ecos2.0 I did the "ecos-2.0.cygwin.tar.bz2" download, used "bunzip2
> file.tar.bz2" and then "tar -xvf file.tar". The same to
> "ecoscentric-gnutools-arm-elf-1.4-2.cygwin.tar.bz2".
> So I have .exe files at:
> /opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/bin
> /opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-elf/bin
>
> Untill now I tested MULTI2000, ARM, ADS, IAR WorkBench and they work well.
> I think I need to start with configuration tool. But I don't understand
what
> is it's function. Where it changes will influence? Does eCos like MULTI,
> ARM, ADS... only a development software with serial and JTAG interfaces
> (basically) running on a Host? What else I have to do to start programming
> language, compiling, debugging and downloading it to the board? What's
> RedBoot? Is it like Angel?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Marcelo Kenji
> Brazil
>

> --

__
Erdbeben im Iran: Zehntausende Kinder brauchen Hilfe. UNICEF hilft den
Kindern - helfen Sie mit! https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php