Re: Serial Port Configuration

Thanks for the answer, see my comments below please.

Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> schrieb am 18.02.04 07:56:55:

> Ali Rodgo wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > the problem described below is now resolved.I had to create a new eCos
> > configuration only with the Posix package and after that include the
> > following, in order to avoid conflicts.
>
> Good.
>
> > With this, there is no error. But
> > I had succefuly compiled my application but the program hangs up, do
> > nothing.I have a breakpoint in main and open functions but the
> > application doesn't enter on it. I am using Redboot and Insight. Any
> > ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > My code: main() { struct termios newser1; fd1=open("/dev/ser1", O_RDWR |
> > IO_NOCTTY | O_NONBLOCK) ..... while(1) read(fd1,&data,1); ....... } My
> > eCos configuration: Posix, serial driver package
> > CYGPK_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS0_DEV=/dev/ser0
> > CYGPK_IO_SERIAL_TERMIOS1_DEV=/dev/ser1
> >
> > CYGPG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL0=enable
> > CYGPG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_AT91_SERIAL1=enable
>
> Are you also debugging on one of the serial ports? Given none of the AT91
> eval boards we have ports for include ethernet debug, then I imagine the
> answer is yes. If a port is being used for GDB traffic, you can't run a
> serial driver on it.

Yes I am using GDB (Insight)  for debugging on serial Port A(ser0) but the AT91EB40A has other serial port B (ser1)  and on this serial port i want to read bytes sent from a Host, the code is above described. But why doesn't my programm enter in main() function?

Is there information about ethernet debugging on the AT91EB40A?

> Oh, and out of interest, O_NOCTTY is ignored by eCos as eCos doesn't
> support all that Unix-y process control terminal stuff with process groups,
> controlling terminals, etc.etc. You can include it, but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for this detail.

Ciao