Non-blocking mode read from serial port

Hello,
I would like to read from the serial port in non-blocking mode, EB40A.

I am trying to read from the /dev/ser1 port with the following configuration:
newtio.c_cc[VMIN]=0

newtio.c_cc[VTIME]=1

CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_SUPPORT_NONBLOCKING=enable

but my programm hangs up in the read() function and should return after the time has expired.

Does eCos support the options O_NONBLOCK,O_NODELAY in the open() function? The signal SIGIO is not supported, is it?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot