Re: cannot able to debug

Hi

Yoshinori Sato wrote:

> At Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:53:45 +0530,
> Ganeshan wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am using h8/300H - 3064, gcc-3.2.1,  insight-5.3
> > I could not able to debug the a small application and applied the patch,
> > http://ysato.dip.jp/~ysato/h8300hal.diff.gz
> >
> > 1. If break is given at a specified location, in this case 0x204000, the
> > gdb is not sending the proper packet
> >     (instread of sending/reading $m,204000, it is sending/reading as
> > $m,4000).  The gdb command
> >     'set remoteaddresssize 24' is used to send a proper packet.  Even
> > though doing this, could not able to set
> >     the breakpoint (disassembled the code and saw the instruction.).
>
> Please execute "set machine h8300h" in the first place.

after executing above command, the state of the program is same i.e., it is
not stopping at the breakpoint.
Since I have limited memory, I have removed the CYGPKG_KERNEL while build the
eCos application (hello.c),
is it OK?
I have removed library 'libsupc++.a' from h8300_h8300h.ld, since it is not
able to generated in gcc-3.2.1.

> > 2. If set the breakpoint ("trapa") manually, then also the program is
> > not stopping at this location.
>
> Because manage the address which set break point inside,
> it is ignored even if bury it in it directly.

I could able to understand.  Please explain me.

> --
> Yoshinori Sato
> <ysato@users.sourceforge.jp>

Thank in advance

with regards
Ganeshan N
begin:vcard
n:Ganeshan;N
tel;fax:2296502
tel;home:3592259
tel;work:2296484     Ext:25
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.ads-networks.com
org:Analog and Digital Systems;Networking
version:2.1
email;internet:ganeshan@ads-networks.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;Lavelle Mansion,=0D=0ALavelle Road=0D=0A;Bangalore;Karnataka;560 001;INDIA
fn:Ganeshan
end:vcard