redboot tftp not acking all packets?

Hello all:
	I seem to be having a problem with tftp when I
download an unstripped elf file via tftp in redboot.
The tftp server is a PC running cygwin, and the symptom
I see is for every tftp transfer I do it leaves a copy
of in.tftpd.exe running on the PC.  These seem to have a
really long timeout, and leave the file open on the PC,
so I have to manually kill the processes if I want to
remove the file.

I captured the packets on the wire, and it seems that
once redboot gets what it needs from the elf file, it
stops ack'ing the transfer, leaving the server process to
sit there resending.

What I see in the packet dump is the data packets and acks
proceed correctly in sequence up to 149, then the tftp
server sends 150 and redboot never ack's 150, instead
returning to the command prompt.

The full file I'm trying to load is 874787 bytes long, which
should be 1709 tftp blocks (512 bytes/per).  If I look at the
output of objdump -h on the elf file it looks like the file
offset of the start of the debugging info (.stab) is 0x129f4
or 148.9 tftp blocks worth of data.

Has anyone else seen this?

Looking at the spec I could either force an error packet
response or just read the extra characters and throw them away.
Any thoughts on what's best?

--
Andrew Dyer               |  adyer@righthandtech.com
Sr. Engineer              |  (630) 238-0789