Getting SLIP lwIP to work against Windows

I'm trying to get lwIP SLIP running, but Windows does not continue past
the SLIP "Dialing..." requester.

Does anyone have any experiences they could share?

- I've compiled the httpd test example according to this README. No
problems.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/lwip/contrib/ports/ecos/README?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

- Creating a SLIP connection under Windows is a bit more difficult :-)
Here is what I did.

  0. This was on W2K. Although the requesters differs, I believe the
     same thing works on XP. Dunno too much about <W2K, though I suspect
     it is somewhat similar.
  1. Network connections -> make new conneciton
  2. "Connect directly to another computer"
  3. Choose "guest"
  4. Choose properties on new connection
  5. Configure serial port, e.g. turn off HW flow control, choose
     baudrate.
  6. Options -> remove "Prompt for name and password, ..."
  7. Networking -> select SLIP.
  8. TCIP settings -> set IP.  (What IP to choose here needs to be
     elaborated a bit on).
  9. IMPORTANT! Advanced-> clear "Use default gateway on remote
     network", if you are not connected to the internet through
     the device running SLIP.

- I tried to modify the lwIP SLIP code to answer "OK\r" to the "AT*\r"
requests it sends. I never see the "CLIENT" string on the lwIP side.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2003-01/msg00194.html

I've attached a log from www.sysinternals.com portmon utility that shows
that the only thing I receive on the lwIP side is "ATE1\r", to which
I've modified lwIP to reply "OK\r". After that nothing.

Øyvind