ecos with codewarrior?

Hi,

I have several questions regarding eCos with Axiom CME-555.  Specifically
has anyone tried to compile eCos using Codewarrior?  We've just started
using CW and it's a pretty nice package.  We have the MSI wiggler
configured and debugging code.  It would be pretty nice to compile eCos in
CW and download that using CW.  Anyone have experience with this setup?

Also, we're using a supplied template from configtool for CME-555.  The
template is redboot and we've been able to download that to the board.
However, attempts to connect to the redboot ROM monitor fails.  Here's
what I do after downloading the elf to board via the wigger.

%powerpc-eabi-gdb
(gdb)set remotebaud 57600
(gdb)target remote /dev/ttyS0
Ignoring packet error....

so I'm kind of curious what is redboot's role in this setup?  Are we
suppose to see something over the serial line, some sort of ack?  I have
also tried stub, cygmon, default, all, etc. and none of it works.

I have been able to use configtool to compile an image, download that via
some tool and debug and step with CW.  Any thoughts or suggestions would
be welcome.

Thanks.

Kevin