SLIP lwIP, eCos and Windows

This is just a small writeup of some issues when working with lwIP and
Windows. It answers some questions that I've asked previously in this
mailing list:

When using SLIP under Windows against an lwIP eCos unit, a static route
must be set up.

1. Set up a SLIP connection and connect to the unit.
2. Set up a static route using Windows route.exe command. Example
attached from a test I ran against an AT91 EB40a evaluation board.

Note! there is an additional complication that Windows will sometimes
set up a route incorrectly or refuse to do so with weirdo error
messages. Deleting all permanent static routes to the lwIP eCos unit,
and rebooting Windows seems to fix the problem every time. I don't quite
understand why Windows gets into this state, but if I had to guess,
perhaps Windows gets confused by SLIP changing "IF address" every it
connects to the lwIP eCos unit. If someone knows a cure, or can shed
some light on this problem, it would be most welcome. (Excluding the
"use Linux" solution :-)

Øyvind