Reading ARP Table and Spinlocks

Greetings,

I'm using eCos2 on a PQ2 platform I'm implementing code to retrieve the
ARP table for debugging and SNMP purposes.

I've noticed looking at the SNMP code provided by eCos that it appears
to access the global data without using spinlocks (e.g. splsoftnet).

For example, the var_tcpConnTable function simply iterates over the
tcbtable (or tcb depending on which stack you use) without grabbing the
spinlock to protect the stack data while it walks the list.

I'm new to eCos and dealing with the internals of the TCP/IP stack so
I'm sure I'm missing something but isn't there danger of the data
changing or even worse the table entries being removed and accessing
invalid data?

Thanks,
Dave