Questions about Red Boot

Hello from Gregg C Levine
Q1. Is there any actual difference between the releases of Red Boot
for I386 on the website, and that stored in the CVS ecos-images
directory?

total 664
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         8192 Mar 28 21:48 CVS/
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          112 May 20  2002 MD5SUMS
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            0 Mar 28 22:33 imagesi386.txt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        95744 May 20  2002
redboot_FLOPPY.bin*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       560304 May 20  2002
redboot_FLOPPY.elf*

Q2. Referring to the directory snapshot, is there any difference
besides size, regarding the redboot_FLOPPY.elf, file, and the
redboot_FLOPPY.bin file?

Obviously the logical thing to do, would be to double check the
documentation before posting, I did  do that, before running a CVS
checkout, on my Linux system, but I am in need of some expert advice,
before continuing.

Q3. The one from the website, suggests that it was built for the Intel
designed networking card, I'm going out on a limb here, and
presupposing that was the one the developer had on hand when he built
the images. Has anyone created a patch which would provide network
functions on a different card? Say the 3COM cards?
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net