Re: Re[2]: sharing Flash with eCOS & JFFS2

Michael Jastrebtsoff said:
> Hello, Gary.
>
> But how Can I get access to this created partitions ffrom eCOS?
> I mean How can I add to eCOS cfg descriptions of fis-created partitions?
>
> in eCos conf tool:
>   "/FLASH device drivers/Instantiate in I/O block device API/.." - I
>   see "/dev/flash1" only. But what about other fis's' created
>   partitions?

Note: please copy replies to the mailing list so that all may benfit.

There are a couple of things you could do: (none of this is automatic, sorry)
  * Use the RedBoot FIS code to scan the partition table.  There are
    virtual vector calls for doing this.  You would then have the information
    to tell JFFS2 about the partition.
  * A similar, but hard coded, version of this can be found in the Linux
    MTD layer.  A look at the linux source tree could show you how to
    find and pass the information on to JFFS2

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary@mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc