Re: ecos synth target

    Giri> Hi,
    Giri>  I have installed ecos on linux synth target.
    Giri>  I using I/O Auxiliary's User Interface also.
    Giri>  In ethernet.tdf file i made 'eth0 real eth0'(ecos's eth0 to linux eth0),
    Giri>  And am getting this error message.
    Giri> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giri>  Error: rawether process was unable to initialize eCos device eth0 (real
    Giri> eth0)
    Giri>     Network device eth0 is already up and running.
    Giri>     Exclusive access is required
    Giri> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Giri> Can u please help me in solving this problem.

The synthetic target ethernet documentation is very clear on this:

"It is not possible for an ethernet device to be shared by both the
eCos TCP/IP stack and the Linux one: there would be no simple way to
work out which stack incoming packets are intended for. In theory it
might be possible to do some demultiplexing using distinct IP
addresses, but it would be impossible to support some functionality
such as DHCP. Therefore the rawether program will refuse to access any
ethernet device already in use. On a typical Linux system eth0 will be
used for Linux networking, and the PC will have to be equipped with
additional ethernet devices for use by eCos."

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect