Re: Error on Cyg_Counter::add_alarm

This is a complete guess but ...

I had some problems with alarms several months ago in
the FreeBSD stack, but I can't remember the details.
I noticed that Andrew Lunn fixed a linked list issue
in net/bsd_tcpip/current/src/ecos/timeout.c after 2.0
was released.  I updated to the tip version of the
bsd_tcpip package and got better results.

Good luck,
-- Matt

--- Anthony Tonizzo <atonizzo@lycos.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am running into a problem with a small application
> I am
> running and was wondering if there is someone out
> there
> that has stumbled on this before and can share some
> experience.
>
> The application is running on an MBX board and it is
> very simple. I have two threads, both of which work
> just
> fine when run independently.
>
> They both use the ethernet interface, so the first
> thread
> calls init_all_network_interfaces() and I use a
> cyg_flag_wait() to wake up the second when the
> ethernet
> is up.
>
> Everything works fine until I open a socket for the
> second
> thread. As soon as the first couple of packets have
> been
> sent back and forth, I get this message from gdb:
>
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint
> trap.
> 0x00055214 in Cyg_Counter::add_alarm(Cyg_Alarm*) (
> this=0x2330300d,alarm=0xC2630)
> at

/ecos-d/Cygwin/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/packages/kernel/v2_0/src/common/clock.cxx:290