Re: Error on Cyg_Counter::add_alarm

"Anthony Tonizzo" <atonizzo@lycos.com> writes:

> > If you enable assertions (always a good idea during
> > development) you will also enable stack checking.
>
> I did not have assertions enabled, and I should
> have known better.
>
> But after enabling the traces and providing my own
> cyg_assert_fail() I noticed that, with the stack back
> at 8K, the assertion comes immediately at the start of
> the DHCP process (network stack).
>
> So, the 8K might be plenty for a run-of-the-mill thread,
> but as soon as you begin adding things such as an entire
> network stack, things get ugly pretty quickly.

This still doesn't sound right. Which thread is actually overflowing?
While TYPICAL may be a bit too small for network client stacks, 8k
ought to be more than enough. The internal TCP/IP stack threads should
also be correctly sized.

Maybe something has happened to the DHCP code to cause it to allocate
large arrays or something on the stack. Or maybe there is a problem
with the way that the DHCP thread is being created.