Re: [new mail]ROM start-up redboot.elf question.

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 16:49, Miguel Josue Vega wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>
> We have actually gotten a RAM version of redboot to build and run on the
> board. We have noticed some differences when we dump both types (RAM and
> ROM) of redboot.elf files into assembly we are currently looking into
> this.
>
> In general, do you happen to know why there would be code in an assembly
> dumped version of a ROM start-up type redboot.elf that has code at
> internal FLASH addresses as well as internal RAM addresses?

I really don't know anything about this port, but in general, ROM code
has two parts - the TEXT and static DATA portions and dynamic
initialized DATA.  The ROM startup code expects those DATA portions to
exist in the ROM image as well.  The startup code then copies the
DATA portions from the ROM copy into the appropriate RAM locations
before starting up.  You need to make sure that what you put into the
ROM has all of these components - otherwise it won't run.