FLASH initialization failed, AM29LV400BB on CME-555

Hi Roman,

We have gotten RedBoot (ROM-startup) to run on our Axiom CME-555 board.
The board has AMD AM29LV400BB external flash. When we built a default
RedBoot build with no FLASH support we get the following message before
the startup banner: "+FLASH: driver init failed: Driver does not support
device..."

When we configure redboot for AM29LV400 type flash we do not get a startup
banner at all, instead we get the following output:
"+$T0b40:0000d978;01:00400f2c;#50".

I do not understand why we get the output since RedBoot was configured for
the type of flash on the board. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Miguel Vega
FEGI Team
University of Michigan