From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]On Behalf Of Andrew Lunn
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 12:57 PM
To: Ashutosh
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] problem in twothreads program

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 12:02:31PM +0530, Ashutosh wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to run the simple twothreads program. But I am getting some
> error, it is as follows
>
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:1:29: cyg/kernel/kapi.h : No
> such file or directory
> d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c:9: warning: data definition
has
> no type or storage class
>
> Actually I am trying to run this program as given in the ecos-user-guide.
> giving the command like this
> arm-elf-gcc -g -Itest_install/install/include

d:/cygwin/opt/ecos-2.0/examples/twothreads.c -Ltest_install/install/lib -Tta
> rget.ld -nostdlib
>
> If I try to change the path for kapi.h in the twothreads.c , it prompt for
> not able to find kernel.h.
> Does I need to give manually the proper path for each file or its a linker
> problem.

How can missing header files be a linker problem?

Anyway, its a configuration problem. How did you configure eCos? Which
template did you use? My guess is you are still using the redboot
template. You need a "normal" template, or no template at all so that
it uses the default template. At the moment you do not have the kernel
package.

        Andrew