Re: driver question (insmod)

YHChou@viatech.com wrote:

Hello, anybody

   I have a question about drivers. in Linux, we can use "insmod" to add
one driver, in eCos, how can i do the same thing?

You enable the driver in the eCos configuration tool. eCos does not do dynamic linking of kernel modules - it's anticipated that you know what drivers your hardware will use so you include them specifically.

   second, in Linux, we use ioctl(drv_name,....), in eCos, how can I access
the driver we just attach? thanks a lot..

You can use ioctl as well, but there might be a more specific interface. If it's your own driver, just add whatever function you want! Unlike Linux, eCos has everything right there directly - just call the function directly.

Jifl