Re: fatfs and io disk misc patches

Andrew Lunn wrote:

The same needs applying to packages/dev/disk/v85x. Could you provide a
patch please?

Here it is.

Thanks. Committed.

How easy would it be to split this driver up into a generic CF disk
driver and a hardware specific part for your target board?

I don't see any problem. It could be split into three parts :

- ATA driver
- contiguous I/O mapped / memory mapped / True IDE mode  addressing
- hardware specific part (mostly just initialisation and access)

Since people are starting to use it and doing ports, it would be wise to specify
how all of the disk subsystem should look and what features should be supported
before it gets harder and harder to change anything generic.

Now it is the time for users to post their comments, feelings, wishes...

savin