Re: Top of CVS PPP stack

"Will Lentz" <Will_Lentz@Trimble.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble linking with the top of CVS PPP stack.  I get some
> unresolved symbols (namely option_error(), auth_req_info,
> connector_info, disconnector_info, welcomer_info, and devnam_info).  In
> order to compile and link the PPP stack into my application I had to add
> the attached patch.  The attached patch is not the best fix...
>
> Notes:
> 1) In both ipcp.c and pppd.c option_error() is defined as db_printf().
> So - it seemed reasonable to define it as such in auth.c.
> 2) Should the extra auth_req_info, connector_info, etc. structures be
> removed entirely?

All of these references are in auth_check_options(), which is a relic
of the origins of this code as a stand-alone BSD program. It is not
referenced in any of the remaining code and should probably be
deleted.

So the real question is why is this function getting linked into your
executable? It looks like the GCC -ffunction-sections or the
linker --gc-sections options are not working.

What target are you compiling for? What versions of the tools? Did you
build them yourself or download them, if so from where?